
Blast! It appears that cavorite, or perhaps just this particular strain, reacts rather strenuously to lightning!
Apparently, a strike leapt from the sturdy cables of my lightning collector, and onto the cavorite ore, which I had just securely bolted to the frame of my workshop. The resulting boost in lift managed to tear the place from it's moorings and launch it into the air!
Luckily, the Count De Harpoon was visiting (Boorish sort of fellow, but he *does* know his business in the "firing barbed spears" arena), and I was able to borrow one of his larger devices and skewer my home and secure it to the rather large stone plug in the water underneath my property. (See earlier nonexistent entry labeled: Is it just a drain?)
Sadly, soon after this, my home started to disintegrate from the strain. I was able to salvage the cavorite, but my home plummeted in bits and pieces to the land below. I was able to foist off the wreckage (and the land) to some fellow from the library....this makes the new business on Aether Isle much more vital!
5 comments:
Herr Doktor,
Danke - you make my job ever so much easier this way.
Yrs.,
Klaus Wulfenbach, Baron
You're welcome, my dear Baron. Apparently, you need all the help you can get.
Find your way out of that frock, yet?
Herr Doktor,
Having help means I can get more than two hours of sleep a night.
When I was a young man, I never needed any help getting anyone out of a frock, but since I am a married man, I prefer to keep to my vows.
Learned how to build a proper house foundation yet?
KW
I say blame it on the minions and call it a day...
My dear Doctor, I stumbled across your giant steam-powered automaton last evening. You really should blog about it.
After all we heroes don't always have the time to discover which nefarious plan needs to be thwarted next and it's good to be kept up to date.
Post a Comment